Questions? Call us at  1-800-979-8971

Far Infrared Explained

Why Infrared Saunas Are Superior

What is Far Infrared Heat?

To put it simply, infrared is a type of light. We cannot see this kind of light with the naked eye, but it can be felt as heat on the skin. More specifically, far infrared is infrared with a wavelength of 15 micrometers to 1 mm. Along with several other types of light, infrared is most commonly produced and absorbed through sunlight. When absorbed regularly by the human body, infrared light provides a plethora of healing and wellness benefits, which you can learn more about here.

The more research that is conducted, the more the benefits of far infrared light are uncovered. Going back to 1989 when studies showed the effects of far infrared exposure on insomnia. You may be familiar with infrared lamps sometimes found in bathrooms. Far infrared creates heat in a similar way, but is much more effective and efficient because it is able to penetrate the skin at a much deeper level, allowing it to be absorbed more by muscle and tissue in your body.

Why are Infrared Saunas Better Than a Conventional Sauna?

An infrared sauna is different from a traditional sauna in the way that it produces heat. The conventional sauna relies on steam to produce an indirect method of heat to provide our bodies with it’s healing benefits. Our unique Carbon Wave 360 Panels uses far infrared technology to provide a direct source of heat to your body. In fact, less than 20% of the infrared energy heats the air, allowing the other 80% to be directly absorbed by your body, maximizing the health benefits.

With far infrared waves, the heat directly penetrates over 1½ inches into the body tissue and muscles. The output of energy is specifically tuned to correspond with your body’s own natural radiant energy. This allows the body to absorb nearly 93% of the infrared waves that touch your skin. The more energy is absorbed, the greater the wellness rewards. This makes the far infrared sauna a great deal more effective than the traditional sauna, with less time needed to reap the benefits.


  • Near/Mid/Far Infrared
  • Himalayan Salt Walls
  • Chromatherapy
  • Low EMF Carbon Heaters
  • Premium Bluetooth Speakers
  • All Non Toxic Materials
Infrared Sauna